Tuesday

Sandra Backlund






































































































































"I am really fascinated by all the ways you can highlight, distort and transform the natural silhouette of the body with clothes and accessories. I build my garments by hand from a couple of basic bricks which I multiply and attach to each other in different ways to discover the shape that I want. In that sense I approach fashion more like a sculptor then a tailor."

Delicious creations by Sandra Backlund. Another example of art, design and fashion coming together to create complexity and beauty. Thank you to Megan for reminding me of Backlund's fascinating work. You are seeing images from several collections; starting from the top: Pool Position, Diamond Cut Diamond, Body Skin and Hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment